No of Sessions: 8
Age Group: 8-10yrs
- Use Design Mode to user interface (UI) elements to a screen.
- Create a simple event-driven program by creating user-interface elements with unique IDs and attaching event handlers to them.
- Recognize debugging and responding to error messages as an important step in developing a program.
- Recognize debugging as an important step in developing a program.
- Develop and design a plan for multi-screen application
- Collaborate with a "thought partner" during the implementation of a project
- Create a multi-screen application in App Lab using simple UI elements and event handling
- Store the value returned by a function (randomNumber, promptNum) in a variable for use in a program.
- Reason about multi-line segments of code in which variables are re-assigned multiple times.
- Use global variables to track numeric data in an app.
- Modify existing programs to add and update variables to track information.
- Create a multi-screen "clicker" game from scratch
- Write and test conditional expressions using Boolean operators AND (&&) OR (||) and NOT (!)
- Given an English description write compound conditional expressions to create the desired program logic
- Use a "chain" of if-else-if statements to implement the desired program logic
- When given starting code add if-else-if statements or compound boolean expression to express desired program logic